When you talk about Rwanda you cannot fail to mention the beauty that is Virunga lodge,
The magnificent Virunga Lodge is the premier luxury gorilla lodge of Rwanda and one of Africa’s finest and most renowned lodges. The lodge is perched high on a ridge with stunning views of the Virunga Volcanoes and the Musanze valley to the west and Lake Bulera and Ruhondo to the east.
It offers the finest views in Africa, uniquely decorated rooms in the Rwandese style, fantastic food and exceptional and personalised service by our carefully trained staff. It is the first accommodation choice for the luxury traveller tracking the endangered mountain gorilla.
Each of our ten luxurious bandas has a private terrace from which our guests can watch the sunrise over the dramatic landscape of mountains and lakes. Luxuriously appointed, with the accent on vibrant Rwandese fabrics and stylish locally inspired furniture.
Each Banda has an individual fire place, a luxury shower room with a double vanity, and charging station.
The two deluxe bandas – called Ibirunga and Ibiyaga added in 2014 have their own private sitting room and more refined interiors.
- Wifi access in the main lodge building and Dian Fossey Map Room
- One complimentary massage per guest
- Premium wine, whisky, and cocktail menus
- Complimentary laundry and boot cleaning service
- Butler service for each room from July 2017.
- 10 Stone guest bandas with tile roofs (2 deluxe, 6 doubles and 2 twins) reflect the local building style.
- Guide cottage available
- Bandas are individually named after lakes in the area.
Africa’s Most Romantic Hotel
On November 9th 2016, Virunga Lodge won Africa’s Most Romantic Hotel at the World Boutique Hotel Awards.